Ladewig-Zinkgraf American Legion Post 243


American Legion Post 243

Plymouth, Wisconsin

 About Us



 Auxiliary Unit
 Sons of the Legion
 How to Join



 Honor Squad

 Military Honors

 Flag Disposal




How To Join

If you are a Wisconsin resident and would like to become a valued member our Post, you can email us or contact our Service Officer, Ed Schroeder at 920-892-6284 and we will send you an application form.

You can also download and print out a PDF form. Download
This form requires Adobe Reader to view and print. To download Adobe Reader for free, click on the button

You can also click on the link to apply online. Join Now

The American Legion was founded on the premise that all those serving in the US Armed Forces during times of national crisis, regardless of place of service, are eligible to belong to The American Legion. Our membership is based on period of service, not place of service. Therefore, if you have served at least one day of "active duty" during the eligibility dates, are presently serving in the military or have been honorably discharged, you may become a member. Our membership eligibility dates parallel dates set by Congress of war-time service.

To obtain a certificate in lieu of a lost or destroyed discharge, a veteran separated under honorable conditions should use Standard Form 180. Persons still in military service should write their branch of service. To obtain a Standard Form 180 to request records, you may write or call the National Personnel Records at:
National Personnel Records Center
(Military Personnel Records)
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
Phone Numbers:

Army - (314) 538-4261
Air Force - (314) 538-4243
Coast Guard, Marines
and Navy - (314) 538-4141

FAX: (314) 538-4175
Web site: